Kindergarten & Distanced Learning Program for Elementary Students
Kids’ Zone is excited to offer an in-person, full-time Kindergarten program and Supervised Distance Learning (SDL) program for Grades 1 and higher, starting August 17 from 7am – 5pm Monday through Friday. The program includes all meals (breakfast, lunch, and afternoon snack) and After School care. We will offer traditional camps when Cobb County Schools are out of session (such as fall break).
Below are our options for Kindergarden and Elementary School Learning
We are pleased to announce that we will offer in-person Kindergarten classes to replace virtual learning for students. This will help them transition from Pre-K while making learning more effective. Teaching times will follow the school system’s schedule which run from 8am to 2:30pm, with before- and after-care included in the tuition fee.
Tuition for Kindergarten will be $225/week.
Supervised Distance Learning
For grades 1 and higher, we will provide virtual learning assistance during scheduled learning hours as prescribed by the school system followed by after-school care. Your child will need to bring a laptop or tablet and headphones to engage in the virtual lessons. We will provide wireless internet access.
Tuition for SDL will be $215/week.
Staff for Supervised Distance Learning
Full time supervisors will provide virtual learning assistance and enrichment activities for the students. Our capable staff will keep your child safe and make sure he/she is fully participating in their virtual learning school day. There will be one mentor per classroom.
The staff will:
- Ensure that students log-on and participate in their virtual classes
- Check the students’ classwork and homework for completion and errors
- Guide the students in various enrichment activities such as art and science
- Supervise the students during recreational/playtime.
The mentors will not communicate directly with your child’s teacher, schedule parent-teacher conferences, or facilitate home projects.
We will follow the school system’s guidelines once it is made available.
Communication with School Teachers
Please ask your child’s teacher to include this email on any classroom communication: email@example.com. This will help us stay informed of what is going on in the students’ virtual classrooms.
Due to safety concerns we will not permit any third-party vendor to conduct activities on-site nor will we conduct any field trips.
For Kindergarten and SDL begins today. There are a limited number of slots available per class. A deposit equal to one week’s worth of tuition ($225/$215) will be due at registration.
Registration for Kids’ Zone alumni: no additional forms are required. However, please notify us of any changes in medical history or allergies.
New Family Registration
Kids’ Zonea will have to be completedThere is a one-time registration fee of $125 that would be due as well.
Payment of Fees
Can be made by check, cash, or credit card. Keep in mind that there is a 3.99% convenience fee for credit card transactions.
Cobb County has extended their virtual learning for the first 90 days of the school year. If Cobb or Fulton County returns to in-person instruction during the fall semester, we will continue to offer SDL for our students if you choose, as long as we have a minimum number of students for a class.
Withdrawal from the Program
Kids’ Zone requires a 14-day written withdrawal notice to leave the program.
If you wish to only join us for camp when Cobb County Schools are out of session (Fall break, Winter Break, etc.), the cost will be $65/day or $215/week. Information for these holiday camps will go out the month before each camp.
Kids’ Zone Closings
For the remainder of 2020, Kids’ Zone will close on Labor Day, Thanksgiving Day, the day after Thanksgiving, Christmas Eve, Christmas Day, and another day around the Christmas holiday.
Please reach out to us if you have any questions or concerns.
Covid-19 Prevention Policies
In this time of great uncertainty, we are taking every precaution possible to ensure the safety and well-being of students, staff, and families.
1. Restriction of Access to the Center
- Shortness of breath
- Difficulty breathing
- Respiratory symptoms
- At least 2 of the following symptoms: chills, repeated shaking with chills, muscle pain, headache, sore throat, or new loss of taste or smell
2. Health screenings upon arrival
- Please be patient as we will screen every child and staff member in the morning at drop-off
3. Modified sign-in/sign-out procedures
- A member of management will complete check-in on your behalf to minimize contact with the keypad and fingerprint scanner
- Please call the Center approximately 5 minutes before pick-up time so that we may bring your child to the lobby for pickup.
4. Exclusion from Program
- Anyone who has a fever or has symptoms of any contagious illness will be excluded from attendance. In addition, we ask that all those who have come into contact with anyone who has tested positive for COVID-19 will be required to stay out of the program for 14 days.
Marietta, GA 30068
Our Latest Blog
The holidays are a fun and joyous time but also a very busy one, and holiday stress and anxiety in children can and does happen. During the holidays, there are lots of fun activities and events going on, both at home and at school. And while that can be a good thing,...